Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer Movie Marathon

Yes! Yesterday and Wednesday was summer movie marathon for me! After being stuck in the house for nearly 2 weeks packing and cleaning (after the renovation), I finally found an excuse to escape out to watch two of the hottest movies this summer. Muahaha...

Anyways, Wednesday was Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian at GSC Pavilion KL (Since I haven't watched any movies there before). The show was not bad overall, animation was good, but as my friend had mentioned earlier, it was one movie a little too violent for kids, and comes as no surprise that it was rated PG-13. I found some of the battle scenes really gruesome and violent myself. And the movie was a pretty long one too, lasting 2 hours and 24 mins. By the time I stepped out of the cinema, I had a reasonably sore butt and backache, not to mention I nearly lost my balance when walking down the steps to exit the cinema...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull premiered on Thursday, and, being lucky to get tickets on the first day (probably because it was a perfect weekday), I headed off to GSC Pavilion KL (again) with an old school friend to watch it. The movie, the latest installment of the Indiana Jones series after nearly 20 years (the 3rd film, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, was made in 1989) starred the good old Harrison Ford as in all the previous Indiana Jones movies (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, and its sequel Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, created in the years 1981 and 1984 respectively). With actors like Cate Blanchette, Kate Allen, and Director Steven Spielberg, the movie was really entertaining and two hours of the movie left me with an aching jaw from many of the hilariously funny scenes. I must say that this is certainly a very enjoyable summer movie that should not be missed!

Holidays are nearly over...how time flies! And my mom is bugging me to make her a last batch of cupcakes before I return for the new semester. Hopefully there's a chance this weekend...

No comments: