Monday, October 20, 2008

Din Tai Fung @ The Gardens

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) Malaysia
Lot LG-207, Lower Ground Floor,
The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200, Kuala Lumpur.
+603-2283-2362/2292
www.dintaifung.com.tw

I'm a little ashamed, but, (who cares-lah!) I guess I'll just admit it. I'm a person who believes in living to eat (and avidly practicing it!). In fact, the majority (especially KL city folks!) do practice it, but most do not realize or simply refuse to admit. Why? Some are health conscious. Others are just too ashamed to admit. Well, admit it or not, most of us city folks DO live to eat, consciously or unconsciously. And for me, its because I think that life is short! So why not just enjoy it to the fullest?

IMG_1434

Anyways, with exams out of the way for both me and my sis, me and my family decided to go jalan-jalan at Mid Valley cuz we haven't (window) shopped there for a long time. So we walk and walk and then it was lunch time. And then as usual we couldn't decide what to eat. So we keep walking. And we happened to pass by and saw a group of chefs making chinese dumplings, mom said we should try it since the restaurant was pretty crowded (USUALLY a sign of good food), plus we all miss savoring authentic Xiao Long Bao (picture and description below) since our vacation to Shanghai 3 years ago. This was what first caught my attention when we stepped into the restaurant:

IMG_1435

Here's what we tried:

IMG_1396
Appetizer

IMG_1400
Steamed Pork Dumplings (Xiao Long Bao - Signature Dish! Highly Recommended!)

IMG_1401
Braised Beef La Mien (Noodle Soup) - Another good dish to try! The stock was marvelous...

IMG_1399 
Steamed Crab Meat and Pork Dumpling

IMG_1398
Shrimp and Pork Wonton La Mien

IMG_1402
Front row: Steamed shrimp and pork dumpling, Back row: Xiao Long Bao

A bit pricey (the noodles cost an average of rm 12 - 16 a bowl and the dumplings rm 12 - 15 for a basket of 6) but definitely worth it! Must come back for more...

No comments: