Friday, October 3, 2008

Vivo Pizza @ The Curve

Vivo American Pizza & Panini
Lot 154, Level 1, Western Courtyard,
The Curve,
Mutiara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
+603-77292299
www.vivopizza.com

Well, since its my 3-months semester break now, and coincidently also Raya holidays, I took the opportunity to meet up with friends. Met up with my very very good friend of mine from secondary school today and lunched at Vivo Pizza. This place isn't new; I've read a number of reviews about this place and most reviewed this place as a "so-so" dining area. And I've passed by so many times but somehow never came to try it. Passed by again today and we both couldn't really decide what to have for lunch, so I thought, why not?

What I really liked about when I first stepped in was the spacious feeling. Since it was my first time here and I was in the mood for pasta I thought I'd try their recommendation, the Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake with Creamy Tomato Sauce, while my friend settled for their Shitake Mushroom Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce. Some pics: (half eaten again! Cause I always forget to take the pics before we start eating! :) Plus it was already 2pm that time way past lunch and the food took awhile to arrive [around 1/2 hour to 40 minutes] since it was Raya hols and they were short of staff. The half eaten pasta does look kinda...)

IMG_1332
From top: Shitake Mushroom Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce, Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake with Creamy Tomato Sauce

Food was considerably good! There were tons of mushroom and ham in the pasta, and the creamy tomato sauce was of the correct consistency and richness. Plus the spaghetti was cooked just al dente with a nice bite "to the tooth". Pretty much worth the price (both the dishes above cost RM 10.80 each, tax excluded); something that's somewhat satisfying if you're a first timer here and if you really can't decide what to eat the next time, its a place that you might consider returning to. I would definitely dine here again (for the pizza maybe?), and highly recommend it to those who haven't tried it out. Hopefully the service is better the next time!

No comments: